Re: Can't disable DDC?

Eric Anholt wrote:
On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:42 +0200, Brad du Plessis wrote:
Hi all,

I've got an Intel-G33 based motherboard (on NetBSD 4 STABLE, modular xorg) and I am trying to disable DDC using:

Option "DDC" "false"

in the xorg.conf driver setup as suggested by the intel driver man page. It doesn't seem to be disabling DDC though, and I'm seeing this in Xorg.0.log:

-- snip --
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"(II) Module already built-in
-- snip --

Is this option implemented in this driver (intel 2.1.1) ?

We really rely on using DDC these days, so the option may be completely
broken now.  Can you explain why you're trying to disable it?

Another problem I've come across recently with DDC is that I've got 2 field systems running through a KVM to a single wide screen monitor. If the system not currently outputting to the active monitor gets rebooted, DDC picks up some weird settings from the KVM (which I assume is emulating a monitor somehow). The result is that the system has to be rebooted again while switched to the monitor. Disabling DDC here would really really help.

Brad