agpgart driver

Hello,
My name is Dee Sharpe.? I am currently researching the *BSD agpgart driver as
well as the one from Linux and any other OS's driver that I can find.? From
reading the source code agp.c, it seems as though agp_generic_bind_memory()
allocates memory from the OS.? Why is this the case?? Shouldn't this function
be solely focused on binding the memory that is provided in the agp_memory
structure?? Also, shouldn't agp_generic_alloc_memory() be the only part of the
driver that worries about memory allocation?? I am asking these questions out
of interest and I'm looking for understanding, because I would like to port
your driver to Syllable.? Syllable has a relatively primitive memory management
system, so a lot of the techniques used by the *BSD OS's will not be usable by
us.? Also, any help or guidance that you can give me to help me bring this
driver to life is greatly appreciated.

-Dee Sharpe

P.S.? This email was sent to mailing lists belonging to FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and
NetBSD.