Re: Proposal: include leap-seconds.list from tzdata

    Date:        Sat, 25 May 2024 22:37:50 -0400
    From:        Mallory Adams <malloryadams%fastmail.com@localhost>

  | If it's an option, it would be very useful to have it in 10.

leap-seconds.list is being installed in HEAD builds now, I have
just requested a pullup of that to -10, so while it will never
be in 10.0 it will (in a while) appear in 10.0_STABLE and should
be in 10.1 (whenever that eventually happens).

But it is just a file copy - you (or anyone) can easily copy it
from the source tree to /usr/share/zoneinfo on your system (which
is all that happens for it, and the few other similar files.)

Also, be aware that it is possible that (installed) file might expire,
without being replaced very quickly.  A new one is currently needed
every 6 months, but there's no guarantee that there will be an updated
tzdata release to include the new file before the old one expires (though
it is rare for that to happen, I suspect it never has, as some authority
seems to always feel the need to alter their zone information - usually
summer time transitions - at close to the last possible minute.)

kre