Re: DRM/KMS

> 4. And of course, GPU is hard.  [...]

This is true.

I know someone who works on GPU support _with_ the benefit of NDAed
documentation.  He says typical GPUs have documentation errata lists
substantially longer than the documentation itself (as in 400 pages of
doc, 900 pages of errata).

That said, if tlaronde@ is willing to try, I say go for it.  In case of
failure, NetBSD is no worse off; in case of success, substantially
better.  And there's enough track record there that I don't consider it
nearly as unlikely to succeed as I would for most people (myself
included).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign