Re: [RFC] inetd(8) changes proposal

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 12:43:40PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> And I think you're right: the info will go in a 0400 file in /tmp, and
> will be a way to obtain various running infos---but for now, just the
> running config (it could perhaps be extended, but not now, to add
> stats, what is masked by a secmodel etc.)

There was a GSoC project last year that was looking to extend inetd.
Unfortunately, it is incomplete but one of the things that was done was
to write a inetdctl that could, among other things, dump the running
configuration.  You may be able to use some of that code.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",