Re: [RFC] inetd(8) changes proposal

    Date:        Tue, 30 May 2023 21:03:21 +0200
    From:        tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost

  | Do you think that SIGINFO is sound as the signal to obtain a config DUMP in
  | the syslog?

First, dumping config to syslog seems like an odd thing to do at all, I'd
normally expect it to be dumped in a file instead (something in /tmp
perhaps, or where defined in the config file perhaps),

But that's independent of the signal used to make it happen, that
could be SIGINFO, which normally makes a process list its current
state (what it is doing) - and for that knowing what config inet is
serving could be considered part - but that is also typically a lot
more than SIGINFO generates (usually just a line).   Personally
I'd probably pick a different signal for that, but I am not sure which.

kre