Re: tcsh as csh default

Den 2022-10-21 kl. 11:07, skrev Martin Husemann:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 07:51:14AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 07:39:45AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
[csh]
Or just remove it...
It would be a bad joke for anyone that has set it as root shell.
Oh, I did not mean to suggest marking it as "obsolete" and auto-removing
the binary on updates, and certainly we would need some good update plan
(docs, hints at upgrade time, ...)
Hm, I do not think it sound like a good idea to remove csh, it is quite much in use for scripting (but not so much interactive anymore). Replacing it with tcsh would be a good way forward though, since tcsh is heavily used interactively.

-- Ragge