Re: sh(1) and ksh(1) default PATH

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022, nia wrote:

> A problem many new NetBSD users encounter is that a default shell
> without an initialized home directory containing a ~/.profile
> does not include some system PATH entries that would otherwise be
> provided from /etc/skel/.profile.

How did the new user, new home not have the dot file?

(I'd like to fix that versus code change at first.)

Even without the dot files, also login should set the default path (to
_PATH_DEFPATH which has the /usr/pkg/bin/ the article author needed) and
sshd sets it too (to _PATH_STDPATH which also has it).  I wonder why the
default path wasn't seen?