Re: Inetd enhancements google summer of code project

Thank you for your concerns,

> Wouldn't this better be a separate daemon?

I chose inetd because it is already built to spawn and monitor processes.
Creating a separate daemon would involve replicating a lot of this code into
another codebase.

Additionally, the new parameters that I am adding should work with not only the
new general purpose daemons, but also the networking ones.

> And isn't it a kind of systemd?

Yes, this can be considered a kind of systemd *sweats*. However,
most of the features are actually inspired by launchd.

I think there have been some, semi-successful, attempts to port
Apple’s launchd into the BSDs already: https://wiki.freebsd.org/launchd

So, I thought trying to integrate them into inetd would be a good idea.