Re: ZFS - mounting filesystems (Was CVS commit: src/etc)

    Date:        Tue, 15 Mar 2022 01:51:55 +1100
    From:        Simon Burge <simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | Do we have any valid need to have non-critical local filesystems?

Not for Paul's reason ("critical" here has nothing to do with importance
or requirement for operation - just mount ordering), but yes,
so it is possible to mount a local filesystem on a mount point
provided by an NFS mount.

Eg: should /usr/src be on NFS (which might make lots of sense)
I might want to have /usr/src/local mounted locally, or in my
case, perhaps /usr/src/bin/sh

So:

  |         [ ... nearly last thing ... ]
  |         /etc/rc.d/mountlate
  |                 mount filesystems marked as "late" in /etc/fstab

Something like that is still needed, though even that isn't really
good enough, as filesystem mounting can be nested in all kinds of
bizarre ways, that no simple 2 3 or even 4 step "all these kind
first, then all those, then..." can ever hope to accommodate.

  | The "crit" in mountcritlocal and mountcritremote don't seem to have any
  | current meaning, so is similar to just the mountlocal/mountremote idea
  | above.

Yes, that's all it really ever meant, plus allowing a 4 step sequencing
(local, then remote, then more local, then more remote).

kre