installboot: Old BPB too big, use -f (may invalidate filesystem)

What does
	installboot: Old BPB too big, use -f (may invalidate filesystem)
mean?

I have a RAIDframe level 1 RAID consisting of /dev/sd0e and /dev/sd1e.
Now, sd0 failed. I replaced the disc, fdisk'ed and disklabel'ed it and
performed a raidctl -R, which succeeded. Now, I need to write the boot
code, so I can boot from the new disc. But installboot /dev/rsd0e
/usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1 gives me above error message.
I tried installboot -n /dev/rsd1e /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1, which works.

The only other oddity I see with the new disc is that fdisk provokes an
SCSI error and
	sd0d: error reading fsbn 71819495 (sd0 bn 71819495; cn 49191 tn 0 sn 635)
plus
	fdisk: Can't read secondary GPT header: Invalid argument
(the disc size is 71819433).