Re: Waiting for Randot (or: nia and maya were right and I was wrong)

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021, nia wrote:

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 09:43:44PM +0000, RVP wrote:
Is this OK (or, it is hopelessly insecure)?:

If you have the same secure randomness as everyone else you don't have
secure randomness.

True, generally, but I was thinking of a) the hopeless cases, b) the
work-factor involved in an attacker guessing which random bits were
chosen from a random file, and c) this is only for initial installs.

-RVP