Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

> cat-pages always finish with .0 (unless compressed) and that way they
> are integrated into man.conf(5).

That is not my experience; I have not infrequently seen them named
ending with .cat1, .cat2, .cat3, etc.  I think I've even seen them
named simply .1, .2, .3, etc, differentiated from the input files by
the directory they appear in, but I'm less sure of that.

Unless you intended an unstated "...in -current" or some such, which
seems moderately plausible in view of your explicitly tying this
convention to man.conf.

I certainly don't see any reason kre shouldn't name catpages with a
manual-section suffix, if that works for him.  Even if man(1) doesn't
understand it (which, if true, I would hope could be fixed in
man.conf), it's still a lot easier to read than the *roff source.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign