Re: Proposal to drop MKCATPAGES

>> Physical VAX, but don't know the details.
> Do we support the 11/730 - if there's any unix running 32 bit (or
> wider) system that's well known, and slower, I've never heard of it.

Wasn't the /725 slower, or am I misremembering?

I do recall that, back when I was at McGill, we had a /780, two /750s,
and either a /730 or a /725.  The last, when it was decommissioned, we
went through the cards for, looking for the CPU.  (I learned, much
later, that it was a bitslice design, with no single localized CPU.)
We found a Z-80 (I think it was probably driving the console tape) and,
only half jokingly, suggested that it was a Z-80 running a VAX
emulator.

I once had an hp300 with all of 5M of RAM.  Years ago, when I had it
running, thorpej told me it was quite possibly an instance of the
slowest machine then supported by NetBSD.  (Amusingly, at the same time
I had an alpha that he said was possibly an instance of the fastest.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign