Re: getrandom and getentropy

On 01.05.2020 21:19, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> I propose that we additionally adopt getrandom and getentropy

I propose to import the getrandom code with the Linux semantics and
integrate into compat_linux(8). More and more software expects that in
place.

For the native (NetBSD) ABI, getentropy() wrapping
kern.arandom might be enough, but I don't have strong opinions.

Here is a list of getrandom() Rust implementations in the supported list
of target Operating Systems / environments:

https://docs.rs/getrandom/0.1.14/getrandom/