Re: getrandom and getentropy

I have one more argument for making getentropy() block that hasn't
been made yet even though it may be the most basic: the name.

That is, I think users will reasonably expect that the data returned
by a function called "getentropy" will actually be "entropy" as
defined by the operating system in case, and that if the OS says it
"has no entropy", "getentropy" will not succeed.

This is the case in all of Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD, and it would
be unfortunate if NetBSD became the sole exception.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost