Re: getrandom and getentropy

> Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:16:12 -0000 (UTC)
> From: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)
>
> Previously we could trust in random processes, whether the entropy
> estimation was scientific or not. We could also chose what source
> to trust.

Still can.  NetBSD just doesn't do bogus pseudoscientific
prestidigitation any more.

> Now we put all trust in loading a constant file.

This is still false, just like it was the last time you made this
claim.

> >This hardware can reasonably block forever on first boot, due to
> >the large number of sources of entropy that are no longer measured.
>
> Not "can". It does, definitely, always.
>
> And it never blocks on second boot.

This is false.

Please do your homework first, and then take this to a thread where it
is on topic, not the thread about a choice of C API to adopt.

For example, here's a thread where you had months of opportunity to
raise your concerns, and where your misapprehensions could have been
addressed without the sarcastic commentary:

https://mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-kern/2019/12/21/msg025876.html

You're also welcome to ask me privately if you're unclear on anything
specific about it, or you think there's a specific mistake (but please
be specific, rather than just raising general FUD).