Re: recent terminfo changes

On 30/03/2020 02:15, Brett Lymn wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 01:59:35AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:

Your import of newer terminfo descriptions broke numerics larger than int16_t.
I take equal blame for this because there should have been a check for this
in the initial code.
But still you could have checked.

You know, from a personal perspective, I am a bit disappointed that the
libcurses ATF didn't fail :(

I know that sounds odd but it was supposed to catch this sort of thing.

For this specifically, we need a test that a terminal we know has colour still has colour according to libcurses.

There are a few other numerics which have now exceeded the POSIX terminfo limits, but AFAIK they don't apply to our curses.

I only discovered the breakage when I fixed PR lib/23910 and Thomas reported it was still broken with his terminal ...... screen-256color.

Roy