Re: patch - cgdconfig do_all mode gracefully ignore detached devices

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 01:21:21AM -0600, Jason High wrote:
> For -U, that could work (was actually how we handled it in an earlier
> version).  For -C, no.  Our goal is to avoid cgd trying to configure a
> device, like those backed by USB drives, on boot when the backing
> device isn't attached.

Why? Whether you rely on magic (== non-standard interfaces with
unspecified semantics) to skip the configuration or the configuration
just fails silently shouldn't make a difference.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost