Re: colorls in base

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

... In this case, the color doesn't take anything away from
you. You are no worse off than before, e.g. you have to run additional
commands or long format to figure out what are subdirectories etc.

Not entirely true.

For those of use with red-green protanopic (?) color-blindness, we have a deficiency in "red cones" which reduces the ability to distinguish red from black. Red text would disappear on a black background.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |