Re: colorls in base

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 10:46, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:05:04AM -0800, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > (my motivation is that my eyes are not getting any better,
>
> nor do mine
>
> > and i need the
> > visual cues that coloring gives me. If anyone doubts it would work for
> > them,
>
> Actually, colorized texts do things worse for me, because by highlingting
> some thing it prevents me from seeing other important things.

Of course, but sane highlighting of things, rather than explosions in a
paint factory like some syntax coloring schemes I've seen in editors, is
the goal. In that way, your eyes are drawn to things that matter. In the
colored ls script I posted, normal, everyday regular files are left
untouched by colouring. Anything executable is in red (none of that
straining to see a '*' on the end)