tnftpd no tcp wrappers on freebsd

Hi Luke, hi NetBSD tech-userlevel,

I installed tnftpd as my favorite FTP daemon on a FreeBSD box but I observed that I couldn't reject some dirty hackers trying to brute force it, as it isn't linked against libwrap on that system. I guess or I hope it is TCP wrappers capable on NetBSD, but that feature seems to be missing on FreeBSD which also has a specific /etc/hosts.allow mechanism.

Compiling ot from the ports tree or getting the prepared binary brings the same. I also looked at ./configure --help output and didn't see anything about tcp wrappers nor libwrap.

Is there some way that I can keep my daemon up while still being able to refuse specific IP or hostnames trying to brute force?

Thanks
Best regards,
Pierre-Philipp