Re: compiler_rt missing support for 80-bit floats?

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

>> Would you please be so kind as to explain which nasty thing you are
>> referring to and which upstream you target (uhd/boost)? In the boost
>> headers, I see only innocent casts. :-)
>
> Whoever uses __float128.

Hmm, seems backward to ship gcc 4.8.x as the default compiler and not
support a feature which seems to have been introduced in 4.6. If we
decide to do so we should state it in bold and make it easy for tools to
check (as in, at least break early by not providing that type for
example).

 Aymeric