Re: login(1) vs "dialout ttys"

Thanks for all the nice explanations.

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:

> It would seem a suggested exercise for the reader to host this macro to
> an MI place and have all the drivers use it, move the two that don't,
> and also use it in login.c.

Regarding this, I would rather let a driver report whether it's a
dialout or not through ioctl rather than wiring some semantics on the
minor. Furthermore, isn't it supposed to go away with "devfs" at some
point anyway?

For the time being, I'll just remove the test and update the ttys(5)
example.

Regards,
 Aymeric