Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On 26/03/2013 21:03, Hauke Fath wrote:
My home server, still on netbsd-5, overrides domain-name and
domain-name-servers it is fed from a dsl router's dhcp server in
/etc/dhclient.conf, and while it looks like this can be modelled with
dhcpcd, it is not obvious and takes some more reading.

interface foo
static domain_name=bar
static domain_name_servers=192.168.0.1

dhcpcd.conf(5) describes the static keyword but sadly fails to mention how to get a list of possible variables to set.
domain_name_servers is conspicuosly missing from the example.
dhcpcd(8) does describe the -V, --variables option which prints out these variables though.

So, as far as I am concerned, dhcpcd is good to go.

Woot!