Re: CVS commit: src/lib

On 2013-03-26, at 10:17, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 09:56:36AM -0600, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> [pthread for all]
>> I'm guessing that for most programs this overhead would not be noticeable.
>
> All basic scripting utilities like sh, cp, mv, rm... would get threads.
> I did not ran tests, but small overhead may bring a bad cumulative
> overhead when running shell scripts.

This is why I suggested a no-pthread option that could be used to restore the
current behavior (similar to the -static option that was added when dynamic
linking became the default).

BTW, I quick test shows that /rescue/mv is three times faster than /bin/mv, yet
I do not see /rescue/* being used in any of the shell scripts.

Regards,
Sverre