Re: CVS commit: src/lib

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 09:56:36AM -0600, Sverre Froyen wrote:
[pthread for all]
> I'm guessing that for most programs this overhead would not be noticeable.

All basic scripting utilities like sh, cp, mv, rm... would get threads.
I did not ran tests, but small overhead may bring a bad cumulative
overhead when running shell scripts.

> Finally, I have a question about the degree of the "regression".
> Typically, NetBSD has provided a high degree of binary compatibility.
> In the past, when I have upgraded the system code, most (all?)
> packages continue to function without having to be recompiled. In
> this case, that appears not to be the case. Do the latest changes
> restore binary compatibility?

Yes, it does. This is one of the point in debate here. My changes restores
functionnality as soon as libc and libpthread are fixed. The alternative
proposal from Joerg is to fix third party libraries, but it requires
to upgrade them.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost