Re: launchd port: Worth it?

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Christos Zoulas
<christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
> In article
> <CAHKF-AtujswLJkb+7YJEskoqgtx5KobmTCOonS_k3arMMKff9Q%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
> matthew sporleder  <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Christos Zoulas
>><christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:
>>> On Mar 14,  6:13pm, brooks%freebsd.org@localhost (Brooks Davis) wrote:
>>> -- Subject: Re: launchd port: Worth it?

>>> Could be! I have not looked recently, anyway there are pieces that can
>>> be salvaged :-)
>>>
>>> christos
>>
>>Incremental improvements to the existing rc is probably a better project.
>
> Do you know what launchd does?

I've read the man page for it.

I read into this thread as: "does a launchd port have enough momentum
to get adopted?"
Maybe that was wrong.

The replacing init parts, I know, are a pretty big deal.  The part
where it manages daemons seems more easily achieved in existing RC,
but may be a waste if the other parts of launchd are also desirable.