Update fo Lua in base, and pkgsrc modules

Hi,

I am playing with Lua nowadays.
And I have found current's Lua in base (version 5.1.5) lacks
bitwise operations.
Is there a plan to import newer Lua 5.2 into base?
5.2 has bitwise operation for example bit32.band (AND operation) and so on.

And Lua in NetBSD base is not recognized as builtin version of Lua
from pkgsrc/lang/lua.
If I understand correctly, this is caused from Lua in base does not
detect modules from pkgsrc (for example, pkgsrc/devel/lua-lrexlib-pcre).
What is the best way to use Lua in base as builtin version of
pkgsrc/lang/lua?

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3