Re: individual software releases for third parties

Mindaugas Rasiukevicius <rmind%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:
>> > What do you think? Please share your thoughts on how we can organize
>> > this including technical aspects.
>>
>> One more example of how NetBSD tools may become portable without
>> autotools.
>>
>> http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/mk-c/nbstat/
>
> I do not think one will find many autotools lovers here (certainly not me),
> but it is prevalent and worth to consider using it (obviously, not for our
> own infrastructure, but packaging for 3rd parties).  On the other hand,
> some Linux distributions ship bmake and our make scripts from /usr/share/mk
>
> It seems like a good reason to *attempt* to push our own infrastructure.

I think they ship pmake rather, since this is what people coming to IRC
channel mention the most frequently.

Before pushing our own infrastructure we need to clean it up. Currently,
it contains a lot of mess that is incoherent or NetBSD-specific (or both).
E.g. RUMP, base libraries, various MKSOMETHING flags...

--
HE CE3OH...