Re: running multiple httpds

Thanks for your answer, Jeremy.

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:47:24 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> > No opinions? If I send-pr it, will it sit in gnats forever?
>
> So I understand: No extra rc.d script is added.  You want to be able to
> add an extra rc.d script for each website you host. Basically all the
> script allows is start/stop/restart/poll.
>
> Will you need to use the rc.d script often to restart or poll?

No, it's mainly for starting/stopping. The main advantage is to be able
to enable/configure all instances in rc.conf (except for the creation
of the symlink).

> If it is just mainly for starting, I think just adding the extra
> lines to /etc/rc.local would be simpler and more understandable.

You mean more understandable than what's in the rc script? I agree with
that. But from the admin point of view, it looks cleaner to me to be
able to configure all services in rc.conf.

> One concern is that later the rc.d script may be updated, and then your
> symlinks pointing to it may not work correctly.

How is that? The patch is against the rc.d script, so if it's updated
in such a way that the symlink functionality no longer works, that
would be a bug.

> I am guessing the patch would sit in gnats for a long time, unless some
> a similar examples exists or some compelling reason for it.

Ok.

> I do use this httpd for a few years on multiple systems, but I don't
> run multiple instances.
>

>   Jeremy C. Reed
>
> echo 'EhZ[h ^jjf0%%h[[Zc[Z_W$d[j%Xeeai%ZW[ced#]dk#f[d]k_d%' | \

kind regards
dieter