Re: running multiple httpds

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, dieter roelants wrote:

> > I have a machine where I run more than one instance of httpd(8). To do
> > so, I have patched the httpd rc script like below. It allows me to
> > symlink the rc script to e.g. httpd_site1, and set $httpd_site1_wwwdir,
> > $httpd_site1_wwwaddr, etc.
> > The ugly thing about it (except the kinda hard to read eval
> > statements), is the abuse of $_file from run_rc_script(). So, what do
> > you guys think; is this useful enough to export the $_file variable,
> > e.g. as $script_name and modify the script in -base?
>
> No opinions? If I send-pr it, will it sit in gnats forever?

So I understand: No extra rc.d script is added.  You want to be able to
add an extra rc.d script for each website you host. Basically all the
script allows is start/stop/restart/poll.

Will you need to use the rc.d script often to restart or poll?

If it is just mainly for starting, I think just adding the extra
lines to /etc/rc.local would be simpler and more understandable.

One concern is that later the rc.d script may be updated, and then your
symlinks pointing to it may not work correctly.

I am guessing the patch would sit in gnats for a long time, unless some
a similar examples exists or some compelling reason for it.

I do use this httpd for a few years on multiple systems, but I don't
run multiple instances.

  Jeremy C. Reed

echo 'EhZ[h ^jjf0%%h[[Zc[Z_W$d[j%Xeeai%ZW[ced#]dk#f[d]k_d%' | \