Re: 16bit ctype table

> I think we are talking about different things. I am refering to the
> original _ctype_ table used by any code compiled against the old
> ctype.h. In the patch I posted, only additional translation is fixing up
> _CTYPE_X and _CTYPE_B. The former can like be dropped without problems
> as any user I am aware of used _CTYPE_X | _CTYPE_N together anyway.

if you afraid old header + new libc problems, we simply change prefix
_CTYPE -> __CTYPE and so on again.
there is no reason for losing runtime performance for such a thing.

and one more thing, are you tested cross compile on FreeBSD?
mklocale(1) is cross tool, so _CTYPE_* may conflict with FreeBSD's one
in _ctype.h.

see my old patch, i introduced _NB_CTYPE_* prefix to solve this problem.

very truly yours.
--
Takehiko NOZAKI<takehiko.nozaki%gmail.com@localhost>