Re: TLS status

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:36:17AM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
 > > Has anyone got around to measuring the performance impact on
 > > non-threaded programs? (Or on threaded programs...)
 > >
 > > (I know, I keep asking but haven't done it myself, so I'm sure someone
 > > will tell me to pipe down... ;-) )
 >
 > I can give it a try saturday/sunday. I need to check that TLS works
 > fine with i386/amd64 Xen (and/or provide a core dump to Joerg ;) ),
 > and have to torture my rewrite of xbdback(4) (MP-safe patch).
 >
 > Any advice on the benchmarks you would like to see (preferably
 > available from pkgsrc?)

Just build.sh is probably fine - there were some suggestions that it
or something else around the time it was committed caused at least
amd64 a big slowdown, but nobody ever really investigated. If it's a
big slowdown, you'll notice.

(although it might need to be a parallel build)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost