Re: web inherits UNIX console?

>> Sounds to me as though you want modes, too, though you call them
>> things like task-specific key bindings.
> I don't think that I said task-specific key bindings.  I certainly
> did not mean it.  Key bindings should not constantly be in flux.

That would be a problem for me, at least; for example, I have come to
expect - not entirely unreasonably, I think - different key bindings in
different contexts.  To name the first example that comes to mind,
RETURN when editing a text file is very different from RETURN when
editing a command line.

Still, though, my other remarks apply: it's certainly possible my
expectations are wrong - build a preliminary implementation and let's
take it out for a spin around the block.

\ / Ribbon Campaign