Re: GSoC Project Status Update: Apropos Replacement

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 01:09:11PM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> I recall having a discussion with Thomas about this and neither of us were
> that keen on using anything but a single .Nm as an identifier. So the above
> sounds right to me. Take something like pmf(9): a big, paragraph-like,
> .Nm-list just clutters the page and should be removed, IMO. I think those
> multiple .Nm's were used because of the primitiveness of apropos(1).

I completely disagree on that topic. The primitive cludge is using
links in the file system to annotate man page aliases. .Nm by itself is
a much, much cleaner approach and something man(1) should learn to use
at a later point of this project.

Joerg