Re: Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and NetBSD

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:42:51PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Honestly, I don't understand what you might want to expect here.
> You're coming into community with long-established file hierarchy
> standard and propose to elaborate file hierarchy standard.
> This alone sounds stupid. At best, you're going to hear replies like
> "we've been doing it this way for decades before you came."

Actually, no. As others have pointed out, I think NetBSD has never had a
"long-established file hierarchy standard". This community -- just like
Linux community (/media, /srv, /opt, ..) -- has made choices that arguably
have been mistakes (/cdrom anyone?).

As Jean-Yves wrote, knowing what happens across UNIX-like systems might be
helpful the next time someone proposes addition of /foobar...

- Jukka.