Re: Userland Lua

On Mar 18,  1:02pm, "Martin S. Weber" wrote:
} On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 07:18:57PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
} > Am 26.10.10 19:09, schrieb Thor Lancelot Simon:
} > > On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 06:44:50PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
} > >> Am 26.10.10 17:20, schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger:
} > >>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 04:17:38PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
} > >>>> - The unaltered Lua sources go to external/mit/lua/dist.
} > >>>
} > >>> As discussed previously, this would require a second copy or a move of
} > >>> the dist files for Lunatik. It would be better if this can be addressed
} > >>> first.
} > >>
} > >> Yes, it has been discussed and the conclusion of this discussion was to
} > >> go ahead as proposed.
} > >
} > > Where, by whom -- I think I missed it.
} >
} > I (and most probably joerg, too) refer to an online discussion on a
} > channel to which you have access, but probably were not online at the
} > time.  So yes, you probably missed it.
}
} http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2010/09/06/msg000109.html
}
} Please stick to it. I have nothing against it (except, of course,
} why don't you use $MYFAVORITEEMBEDDEDSCRIPTINGLANGUAGE, "bloat",
} bla bla bla), but referring to an online discussion on a channel
} where people had to be online at the time of discussion to witness
} is is hardly what the new core team policies refer to within:
}
} "core will no longer bless a change without peer review on
} a public technical list." (from the above URL).
}
} Please have a transparent discussion about this on an appropriate
} public technical list before going further.

     The question of whether or not to add Lua to base has been
discussed to death (see the archives).  core has ruled that Lua will be
added to base.  The above mentioned discussion (in which I
participated) was primarily about where to put the Lua sources.  The
discussions about the technical aspects of the import is now happening
in this thread.

}-- End of excerpt from "Martin S. Weber"