Re: Userland Lua

Am 26.10.10 19:09, schrieb Thor Lancelot Simon:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 06:44:50PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
>>>
>>> As discussed previously, this would require a second copy or a move of
>>> the dist files for Lunatik. It would be better if this can be addressed
>>> first.
>>
>> Yes, it has been discussed and the conclusion of this discussion was to
>> go ahead as proposed.
>
> Where, by whom -- I think I missed it.

I (and most probably joerg, too) refer to an online discussion on a
channel to which you have access, but probably were not online at the
time.  So yes, you probably missed it.

> Two copies of the dist files in the source tree seems pretty inelegant and
> undesirable to me.

_There is only one copy_.  If later, e.g. an in-kernel Lua interpreter
needs these sources, too, we can re-evaluate the placements.  For now it
is absolutely not clear if this will happen or not, and if so, how.  And
if, e.g., it does not happen, sources for a userland Lua have nothing to
do under sys/ ...

If in-kernel Lua happens, we can still rearrange stuff if needed, after
all we use version control.  And, it is not even clear if an in-kernel
Lua would use unaltered source files.