Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Marc Balmer wrote:
> otoh, I would like to point out that the topic of this discussion is
> actually way more focused than if we want a scripting language in
> base. The question is "Do we want Lua in base".

"Do we want Lua in base" cannot easily be answered before getting
a "yes" to "Do we want an embeddable scripting language in base".

> What I need is a reasonably small, fast, embeddable language that can
> be used to extend software.

Please give some examples of the kinds of tasks you would like to
enable using an embedded scripting language.  You seem to keep on
ignoring this issue, but I think this issue is fundamental.  (I
don't mean examples as in running code, I mean examples as in
reasonably detailed descriptions of problems and proposed solutions.)

--apb (Alan Barrett)