Re: Add a minimal instance of named early in the boot

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:58:23PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> The two instances would clash if both try to bind to port 53 on
> addresses 127.0.0.1 and ::1.  It's possible to configure the
> full-featured name server not to bind to those addresses, and this is
> indeed a good idea.  However, I don't know of anything we can ship in
> the default named.conf to make that happen without knowledge of the
> IP addresses involved.

The full-featured name server just has to not bind explicitly to
localhost. Using wild card address is fine, as the more specific bind
will handle the data in that case.

There is another alternative I just remembered. Adding support for
liblwres via nsswitch.conf.

Joerg