Re: Replacing window(1) with tmux

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 02:52:48PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> I tried the tmux package from pkgsrc, and it looks neat, but both
> with and without your patch it has a problem detecting terminal
> UTF-8 capability.  The weird thing is, if I unset LC_CTYPE (which
> is normally set to nl_BE.UTF-8), UTF-8 does work.
>
> This has been fixed in their latest cvs version though (changelog
> from May 19).
>
> I for one would like to see this in base.

Actually there are still display problems with the latest cvs version of
tmux.  UTF-8 characters are displayed but there seems to be problems with
linewidth calculation and after eg. scrolling a bit around in mutt, the
screen is messed up.

This is not the case with unset LC_CTYPE (ie. locale(1) shows all C's).

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F