Re: Automatic configuration of openresolv

Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> Wether it should be added or not i haven't made my mind of it, but about
> the automatic configuration behaviour it has to be a flag.
>
> I use a caching named and don't want to have resolv.conf be changed
> by any daemon.

I use one also :)

# Configuration for resolvconf(8)
# See resolvconf.conf(5) for details

resolv_conf=/etc/resolv.conf
name_servers=127.0.0.1

named_options=/etc/namedb/resolvconf-options.conf
named_zones=/etc/namedb/resolvconf-zones.conf

Here's the present /etc/resolv.conf generated

# Generated by resolvconf
search marples.name
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 10.73.1.1

So you can see, the local named resolver is used first. If it stops for
any reason then it can use another nameserver so you get a bit of
redundancy.

The two files written out for named to include are listed here
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2009/03/24/msg001931.html
although for a different computer from the one I'm on here.

If that's unacceptable AND you happen to call resolvconf OR something
that calls resolvconf you can always set the resolv_conf option above to
/dev/null.

Thanks

Roy