Re: Adding openresolv to base

roy%marples.name@localhost (Roy Marples) writes:

>By adding another file you have increased complexity. If both files are
>present, which should be used? If both, in what order? What if I want my
>static config to appear somewhere in the middle? Should we have a third
>file to configure this?

I can tell the ISC dhclient to produce the configuration I need,
even making appear something somewhere 'in the middle'. I can
also hook in a script that configures forwarders to my local
caching nameserver instead of changing /etc/resolv.conf.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost