Re: Google SoC Proposal Ideas

> - (a|) is not a valid regexp. This should not be supported
> - (a||b) is not a valid regexp too. If it is not supported,
>   it is not a big problem.

They are not valid per POSIX, but to a theoretician (theory is where
regexes came from, after all) there is nothing wrong with either one,
and, unless POSIX is silly enough to forbid extensions, I see no reason
to gratuitously reject either.  (If they turn out to be difficult to
support, fine.  But if it's not difficult, why not?)

\ / Ribbon Campaign