Re: Heirloom Troff for NetBSD (was: roff from 4.4BSD [Re: groff/-mandoc replacement])

woods%planix.com@localhost ("Greg A. Woods") writes:

>If I'm not mistaken the work of porting it back to a more-or-less POSIX
>environment has already been done too.

It almost builds out of the box. There is a global variable
devname[] that conflicts with our libc function devname()
and you must not use -DSTRICT as this will declare some
non-ANSI non-POSIX functions that we already declare
in system headers.

>However now that I've looked more closely at the Heirloom Documentation
>Tools, I think they might be the best all-round replacement for GNU
>Troff in NetBSD:

>       http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/doctools.html

>They're already ported and running on NetBSD. They are much better
>supported than the DWB-3.3 release and already include UTF-8 support.
>They're possibly even better supported than the Plan 9 version.

Yes.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost