Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:00:02PM +0200, Antti Kantee wrote:

> I'd also suggest making it the default EDITOR/VISUAL.  If you're an
> experienced user, you know how to make vi your default again.

I think that making NetBSD even minimally less comfortable out of the
box for experienced users is one of the worst marketing choices we
could ever make.

Experienced Unix users are our core demographic.  Market NetBSD to
other groups, sure.  Add different packaging for the core product to
make it more comfortable for those groups, sure.

Throw away the users we already have?  That seems like a very bad
idea to me.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost