Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, David Brownlee wrote:

        That hypothetical user is not going to have much trouble
        with ee. They can move around with the arrow keys and edit
        text. It even tells them at the top of the screen how to
        exit and work out what other keys do.

        Compare that to vi with its 'movement mode', 'insert mode',
        'replace mode'. Oh, you started to type? Well, the keys
        you pressed deleted half the file, joined four lines together
        and added 15 copies of the word 'nfiguration'.

I love vi but I'd agree here. I always tell people to use pico or nano
or something. However, I still have machines using serial links with bad
terminal emulation, so don't get rid of ed, either.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost