Re: rcorder(8)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, David Holland wrote:

[...]
I *think* what we want is, first, to make rcorder work based on
basenames, not full paths, and if two files with the same basename
appear on the command line, have the second suppress the first. Given
a suitable invocation of rcorder, /usr/local/etc/rc.d/foo would
supersede /etc/rc.d/foo, which is the expected behavior. This would,
at least if /usr/local/etc is on /, allow any major customizations by
copying and editing.

        It may be confusing for people who run '/etc/rc.d/foo start'
        in the above case (I don't see an ideal solution for that).
        Potentially you could define the set of rc.d directories
        in a config value and rc.subr could check for another
        provider of foo in a 'better' directory and refuse to run
        unless 'force' was given...