Re: rcorder(8)

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 05:54:50AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> mrg (one of the original authors) suggested a few days ago that
> rcorder should be rewritten from the ground up. So, because I have
> quite a number of better things to do, I have done so.

Nice.

> I still don't know how to arrange things to allow rerunning rcorder
> after mountcritlocal and/or mountcritremote in order to deal with rc
> files not on the root fs.

In the meantime, you can basically avoid this with:
        PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=        YES
        RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR=        /etc/rc.pkg.d
in mk.conf, and
        rc_rcorder_flags="/etc/rc.pkg.d/*"
        rcshutdown_rcorder_flags="/etc/rc.pkg.d/*"
in rc.conf.

FWIW, I think this should either be the default, or the recommended
idiom in The Guide / examples / FAQ / etc, your other points and
improvements aside.

--
Dan.